Naming a business is an intricate and laborious job. The way you present the name is based on personal preference: you prefer complex foreign terms and your business associate prefers the short and sonic and even clients would prefer it to be written in Russian and as easy as is possible. It is important to find an agreement and study. Most importantly, make sure the name of the business will be clear, legit and unambiguous. This will be able to create happy relationships with customers.
Methods of coming up with a brand name
- Participate with professionals
The secure, straightforward and costly option is to assign the job to people who are experts in about it. Advertising and branding agencies, freelancers can charge between $50 and $100 for the job and will create the list of names of 10-20 for you, from which you are able to select the best one.
- Use an online generator
It is one of many no-cost name generator options that can give you some intriguing possibilities that you can implement to your company. Logoturbo is an example of an online service.
- Do it yourself
This alternative is as good as prior ones, and in some cases , more effective. The majority of famous brand names were created by entrepreneurs and not by brands agencies. If you are aware of your customers and competitors, the benefits of your product and are aware of the market you are able to come up with names as well as experts.
The company has a distinct name for its company. collecting semantics
In this stage, you will need to accumulate terms, phrases, and associations that are used to explain your item or services. Find out what customers write about on social media, or in forums. What are your competitors discussing with customers. You should find out which keywords consumers use to research for, purchase or utilize your product. This may include technical terms, old-fashioned factors.
Then, you are able to start thinking about ideas. Bring everyone in the company around a table, and begin to come up with new variations for the company’s name. There is no specific rule for writing the alphabet: someone draws the alphabet and then writes on the board several names per letter. When someone comes from the other side of the association, and someone opens Ozhegov’s dictionary.
What could be the title of an firm:
- the last name of the founder (Tinkoff, Kaspersky, Hewlett-Packard, Philips, Max Factor);
Geographic names (Abrau-Durso, Winston, Fanagoria);
- Proper names derived from fairy tales, mythology as well as literary works (Prostokvashino, Nike, Pegasus, Alibaba, Griboyedov, Pushkin);
- a kind that is a business (Aviasales and Fixed Price, Moscow jewelry factory, British American Tobacco);
short, slangy words that aren’t related to the industry (Apple, Orange Fitness, Sobaka);
- Abbreviations (IBM, KFC, IKEA, AvtoVAZ);
- alliteration: repeating the same consonantal vowels or consonants (Chupa-Chups, Kitkat, Dodo Pizza, Chop-Chop, Seven Eleven);
- affiliations (Jaguar, Pony Express, Peregrine, Twitter, “Honey I’ll call to come back …”” bar)
- Combination made of words (Facebook, Thermodome, Uyuterra);
- nonexistent words (Google, Kwork);
- comedy (event agency “Ship Happens”, farm store “Urban Cowboys”, bar “Honey I’ll call you back” …”, Cafe “Rastibulka”).
The list could continue depending on your creativity. When you are brainstorming there is no need to think of ideas to bounce off. Note whatever comes to mind.
The creation of options for naming the business or a rank
Additionally, you must organize the options by appeal, by the traits that the company has, as well as the degree of compatibility with market requirements. You can now eliminate unambiguously the options that are not working.
Verifying spelling, sound, and perception
Verify whether the names invoke negative or unclear feelings (a famous instance could be Crest toothpaste Blue Water mineral water) Also, consider what the spelling of the words is in Latin. It is also essential that the name be easily understood visually (e.g., Enley kitchens that are written in capital letters, looks totally difficult to comprehend).
The best option is to name the business
The final step , which is often the most difficult to pick from a variety of alternatives that are merely the word.
How do you know if the name is appropriate:
- It is easy to remember and simple to spell
- It sounds great and can be heard clearly by the ear;
- recalls pleasant memories.
- Does not look like competitors;
- provides an overview of the offerings and services.
- creates the right mood and is correlated with the position;
- is not in violation of the law.
- could be a gateway to foreign markets, and increase the selection of products.
Choose one of the suggested choices and you’ll come up with the best and innovative option for your business name. This is likely to lead to a rapid rise in the flow of clients and also your quick success.